Sidebar

Глубокая разница в FPS, если мы сравниваем Xash3D с XashXT, почему?

abbadon

Hello to all. I have a question about how Xash3D displays graphics compared to XashXT. In mod I make the difference of frames per second compared to XashXT is ridiculously worse; if with XashXT I get more than 130 frames per second, with Xash3D I don’t miss 56. Why is this such a scandalous difference?

SNMetamorph

Поехавший
Because in XashXT implemented custom OpenGL renderer, that uses VBO instead Immediate Mode. Immediate Mode is legacy and too slow (but still used in engine to keep compatibility).

abbadon

Как эта функция может быть реализована в Xash3D? Будет ли это сложно?

Sorry if I write this time in english. How do you setup your mod to work with XashXT.

The folder I have is:

.:\xash\xash\

Inside the first xash folder is:

.:\xash\xash.exe

My actual mod setup is:

.:\zwc\ZWC\

Inside the first zwc folder is:

.:\xash\ zwc.exe
.:\xash\ vgui.dll
.:\xash\ menu.dll
.:\xash\ xash.dll

Thank you in anticipation. :giggle:

Последнее редактирование:

crystallize

1 549
If XashXT is running, Xash3D does too at the same time because the former is a toolkit and the latter is an engine that runs it.

crystallize

1 549
Sorry, I misunderstood your initial question. I thought XT lags for you.

If you think you've got this and your mod will be finished and you want to release it on Steam then you can't go with Xash3D, Valve doesn't acknowledge it. You'll need Goldsource running XashXT or some other mod a.k.a. toolkit.

Your folder paths should be like c:\gameroot\toolkit\maps\mylevel.bsp where gameroot is "Half-Life" or "Xash3D" and toolkit is "xash" or "zwc" or something else.
hl.exe or xash.exe is located in gameroot folder. Specifics of xash.exe are, it is expecting "xash" as mod folder instead of "valve".

As long as there are some custom code in ZWC and you want to combine ZWC with XashXT you'll need to either code or script with various XashXT entities because ZWC and XashXT and things of the same magnitude so one of them doesn't run on top the other or with the other.

abbadon

Thanks!!, sounds tricky that part... Pity is I suck at coding :poop:
I did what you said and it works fine, but the fps are the same, probably because zwc runs on top of XashXT, and I don´t know if all entities are in conflict with the ones of XashXT. Is not that I did a lot of changes in the code. The major parts are modifications of pre-exixting entities, and many of them are monsters, weapons and so on with changes on their numeric values, no new code at all. :unsure:

I made it run under Xash3D (thanks Qwertyus!!) because it has many entities running at the same time, a bunch of npcs, bullet tracers, bots, prop models, particles (HL ones, no particle system involved) :whistle: and a very huge map, almost four times the size of a regular HL map, and worst of all... open world style, a totally suicidal way of doing a Goldosurce mod :roulette:

BTW: it is a PURE Goldsource MOD, done with HLSDK v2.3. If it could run at 130 fps it´ll be perfect, I will be more than happy if it´ll run at constant 60!!.

Последнее редактирование:

Half-Life: Alyx release

Дней
часа(ов)
minutes
Секунды
До выхода Half-Life: Alyx
Half-Life: Alyx вышел!

Новые сообщения

Доноры Красавчики

Пользователи онлайн

Нет пользователей онлайн.